This website has been set up to share information about the work of the "Mentor Group" for Presidency University, setup by Smt. Mamata Banerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal, and chartered to provide recommendations and a roadmap to establishing Presidency University as a pre-eminent institution of learning of international repute. This website will act as a repository for sharing the reports and recommendations of the group, and also allow interested visitors to interact with the mentor group through comments, questions, and suggestions.
The mentor group is a selected group of internationally renowned academicians (mostly but not exclusively Presidency College alumni), under the chairmanship of Prof. Sugata Bose. The mentor group members are all contributing time, without any financial remuneration. The mentor group also seeks help from other selected subject matter experts, in a advisory capacity. To learn about the members please visit the Mentor Group page.
• Sixth Report of the Presidency Mentor Group, 20 January 2018. Click here to know more.
• Message from the Presidency Mentor Group, 1st Baisakh 1420. Click here to know more.
• PMG Chairman Sugata Bose has submitted the Fifth Report to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on July 29, 2013.
• The PMG held its fifth formal meeting in Kolkata on July 15, 16, 2013.
• Six reports now posted on website.